The National Latino Fatherhood and Family Institute Photo by: Anthony Guillean NLFFI NATIONALLY At the national level the Institute provides training, technical assistance, research, leadership development, resource and material development and serves as a leader in the field for those wanting to assist fathers of all ages develop strong, active roles in the lives of their children, family and community. NLFFI LOCALLY At the community level, the Institute provides culturally competent curriculum, social and educational services with programs designed to:
• Influence men to become strong Fathers and responsible men • Assist men is healing and preventing the issue of Domestic Violence • Strengthen and preserve families • Address the Issue of Community and Gang Violence • Promote Rites of passage and Youth Mentoring • Address the issue of Teen Pregnancy prevention • Provide culturally competent health and mental health services
1. Acknowledging men who are making an active and positive contribution to family and community through conferences and recognition ceremonies.
2. We encourage and challenge men by establishing and supporting Circulos de Hombres (Kinship Circles).
3. We encourage and support men through workshops and campaigns.
4. Circulos, workshops, conferences where men can learn to appropriately manage the destructive emotions and learn how to maintain trusting relationships.
5. Training, technical assistance, and consultation to organizations and communities in assisting them to better provide services and address the needs of Latino males, their families and community.
6. Support the establishment and functioning of Circulos de Hombres across the United States.
7. Maintain an interactive website that connects any individual seeking information or resources on male involvement and culturally competency with Latino communities.